Inspiration

 Siddhant

So I don't know this chap personally. But when I got to choose some pictures from which I had to make his portrait, I was so happy to select the one where he was so inquisitive and examining something in space. Like when you zone out but I wonder what the kid must be zoning out to, with his cheeks hanging like he has a rasgulla stuffed in. Oh!! I felt like squishing his face so many times. 

Amazing part was, I didn't even ask the name of the kid and when I was given the commission work I was so excited that I took it too professional and did not engage in any interaction. I started sketching and when I shaded the eyes and nose, I started to feel so connected to him as if I am creating something which is very valuable and important to his dad. So I decided to ask him about Siddi (that's what he calls him). 

After knowing a little about him, I could shade his cheeks and give that gobu chobu look. Such a cute face and so serious, as if he is about to make an amazing discovery. I got this work at a point where my life was not so great and there were many cases in India and in my family as well where the second wave hit all of us very badly. My husband lost his dad and it was the most difficult time, after few days I got this work. I was ready to give up on everything that I dreamed about, the art business was not going anywhere but this boy came as a ray of hope for me as I started seeing things differently. I wanted to get up in the morning and sit for my work. He reminded me that how much I love my job. 

Mostly Shreyas thank you for trusting in me to recreate something so close to your heart. I am glad that I was able to capture the essence. This cannot be a coincidence and may be it was a sign that I should continue in whatever I have been doing. That is my calling, my passion. I cant thank you enough to make me see what was in front of me but I was blindfolded. 





Comments